Oven Fried Chicken
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pound
- (4) skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine corn flake crumbs, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Lightly beat egg whites in a bowl.
- Skin chicken if not using skinless chicken. Cut chicken into 2 x 3/4 inch strips. Dip chicken strips into egg whites.
- Roll into crumb mixture to coat.
- Place chicken strips on baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered at 350º for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside. If using breasts with bone in, chicken will need to be cooked for longer time.
Makes 4 portions, 2 strips each
Calories: 214 Carbohydrate: 18 grams Protein: 30 grams Fat: 1 gram Saturated fat: 0 Cholesterol: 66 milligrams Sodium: 311 milligrams Dietary fiber: 0